The development strategy service involves supporting groups of companies by identifying areas with potential for boosting the bottom line. Grant Thornton advisers take into account various ways of realising synergies, particularly through centralisation and outsourcing of some functions. They recommend best practices in business operations.
By combining knowledge on the functioning of processes inside businesses with long-term experience in defining business strategies and professional analytical skills, we can develop several variants of optimisation activities and assess their economic viability. As a result of our work, the company’s management can make decisions which will have a positive impact on business value.
Depending on the size and nature of the group of companies, the scope of works differs. It most often comprises the following stages:
- Getting to know the basics of the group’s operations
- Determining the scope of the project
- Collecting analytical data, e.g. through visiting businesses comprising the group
- Data analysis
- Developing and pricing potential scenarios
- Verifying the preliminary findings in a series of meetings with management staff
- Formulating conclusions and recommendations
Moreover, we can actively participate in restructuring chosen processes or assist by providing ongoing monitoring of the implementation of recommended changes.
If you are interested in our development strategies service, feel free to contact our advisers.