Internal audit provided by Grant Thornton specialists enables you to obtain an independent assessment of key processes in your business and to identify ineffective operating systems hindering the accomplishment of your business goals. Our service helps the company’s decision-makers take optimal decisions with regard to improving business processes as well as internal control and risk management systems.
As part of the service, Grant Thornton also supports you in implementing the internal audit function in your business and evaluates the existing internal controls in place throughout the organisation or in chosen processes. Our involvement helps improve the quality of management and minimise business risk.
Within the framework of our cooperation model, internal audit proceeds through the following stages:
- Analysis of the company’s source documents supplied by the client
- Interviews and workshops with key staff in given areas of operations
- Identification of weaknesses and recommended improvements
- Meeting with company management to present the conclusions of the internal audit
In turn, implementing the internal audit function in the enterprise includes the following stages:
- Analysis and assessment of the company’s internal audit in place
- Reviewing the company’s strategic and operational goals indicating areas with the highest exposure to risk
- Risk analysis underlying the construction of the audit plan
- Support in developing the internal audit tools and rolling them out in the organisation
- Support in the execution of scheduled audits
Grant Thornton team of internal auditors is made up of experienced Certified Internal Auditors authorised by the international Institute of Internal Auditors. Our methodology is based on the guidelines included in IIA standards and COSO frameworks.
To find out more about the Grant Thornton internal audit, please contact our adviser.