• Date: 23 May 2023, 09:30 (for 10:00 start) to 15:00 (BST)
• Location: Glasgow
• Date: 24 May 2023, 09:30 (for 10:00 start) to 15:00 (BST)
• Location: Liverpool
• Date: 25 May 2023, 09:30 (for 10:00 start) to 15:00 (BST)
• Location: Birmingham
The E-commerce market in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) is developing dynamically thanks to rising consumer incomes and a vibrant digital landscape. Poland has around 38 million inhabitants and approximately 30 million of them are internet users, with 77% of them shopping online. The market is set to double in size by 2027 to nearly 200 billion PLN, with marketplaces expected to account for 60% of sales. Now is the time for you to be there and we’ve put together a great team of experts from both the UK and Poland who can help you start
With Poland acting as a European hub for both IT services and logistics, this unique pairing positions the country very well as a gateway to CEE’s rapidly growing E commerce markets. It’s never been easier to localise and plug into an ecosystem of partners who can drive success. But, to conquer this attractive market, you need to do thorough research given that standard Western ‘rules’ don’t apply in the same way in this part of the continent. It’s critical to understand local product requirements, the payment landscape, and identify the most appropriate sales and distribution channels for your products.
Polish buyers strongly prefer domestic platforms and favour their strong, local players, such as Allegro, which is the most popular B2C marketplace in the country with 22 million client visits a month and 250 million offers in 14 product categories. In Poland, more people start looking for products on Allegro (30% of all online buyers start on Allegro and 91% of them finalise purchases on the platform) than on Google (18% of online buyers search via Google, but 57% of them still end up on Allegro), making it the most popular shopping platform in the country and the tenth most popular marketplace in the world.
During this roadshow event you will have a chance to discover the unique characteristics of the e-commerce landscape in CEE, particularly in Poland, and learn about the trends and opportunities through the lens of an established local player. You will find out how Allegro can help you overcome cross border market entry barriers, so that you can conquer the market and expand your business. Not only that, but we will also be connecting you with providers covering the entire export journey helping you to understand the local tax landscape, how to set up in Poland, and how to protect your brand, as well as regulatory, labelling, and logistics considerations. Our speakers will talk openly about what it takes to build a successful multichannel presence in Poland and CEE, how to successfully navigate EU customs requirements, and how to utilise language services to localise your products in Poland and CEE.
We will be joined on the day by:
• Emilia Gregorczyk , Business Development Partner, Allegro
• Shakhil Shah, Business Development Partner, Allegro .
• Martin Oxley, Chairman, Exorigo Upos International
• Jolanta Jackowiak , Partner/International Liaison Director, Grant Thornton Poland
• Justyna Nykiel , Head of Corporate Legal Advisory Counsel, Attorney at law, Grant Thornton Poland
• Magdalena Marcinowska , Partner Outsourcing, Grant Thornton Poland
• Monika Hughes, Attorney at law, Bird & Bird Poland
• Richard Bartlett, Director, Export Unlocked
• Monica Bird, Head of Marketplaces, GS1 UK Ltd
• Pradip Khagram , Engagement Manager, GS1 UK Ltd
• Alan Urmston , Senior Business Development Manager, LanguageLine Solutions
• Bogna Szulc-Roszkowska , Regional Director Consumer, Retail, & E commerce Central Europe, Department for Business and Trade.
This event is open to all product categories within the Food and Drink and Retail and Wholesale sectors, except alcohol and raw food.
- This event requires pre-approval to attend to ensure that your offering meets the relevant demand and/or criteria. This event is free for Santander Navigator Grow subscribers, £250 for Prepare subscribers, and £400 for Explore subscribers. Payment will only be taken once we have confirmed your place with the provider.
- We’ve now launched our new Santander Navigator tiering structure, which has changed the way you register for events. All of our events can now be accessed through our free Explore subscription package, so sign up today to register for this and future events, as well as access exclusive insights and a number of other exciting
JOIN US >> Register now